How can the president make executive orders without congress approval?

How can he make laws without any approval isnt this against the us constitution

My friend; as an American Citizen, though I live in Barcelona, my answer to this "serious" question is that the President cannot make any LAWS, as so, without the Supreme Court, Congress or Senate aprooval.
Please don’t send me unaswerale questions for me.
Luis Hernando Álvarez

6 thoughts on “How can the president make executive orders without congress approval?

shilo9i

(February 7, 2010 - 9:53 am)

Executive orders are NOT laws.

Do some research please.

JMB

(February 7, 2010 - 10:24 am)

When you are a King you can do what you wish

silverwingsdc

(February 7, 2010 - 10:35 am)

under some circumstances – it is somewhat limited – not sure what they are.

i know bush ignored the constitution via executive orders. it is always dangerous but may be necessary at times.

puppyfred

(February 7, 2010 - 10:45 am)

The President can only make executive orders over things he or she has executive power over. That would be things involving international treaties, as commander in chief, etc. Everything else goes through Congress, as spelled out in the Articles of the Constitution.
    US Constitution, Article 1,2 & 3.

Samwise

(February 7, 2010 - 11:25 am)

The President is both commander-in-chief of the military and the head of a very large bureaucracy created and funded by Congress to administer the laws. Much of Congressional power for detailed rule-making has been delegated to that bureaucracy.

As the person in charge of it, the President may order it to do things. Unless Congress passes a law to direct otherwise (and the President either allows that law to stand, or has a veto overridden), the President’s orders are legal and part of the constitutionally defined powers of that office.

Article II of the Constitution begins, "The executive Power shall be vested in a President…" and that’s what that means. He’s got the power unless Congress issues a contradictory order (and gets it past his veto power), or it requires funding that Congress refuses to pony up.

sonetmiro2

(February 7, 2010 - 12:11 pm)

Please don’t send me unaswerale questions for me.
    Luis Hernando Álvarez