W/o support of Congress will the Supreme Court likely find Obama’s actions as unconstitutional?

Wild speculation about an untrue premise with a pipedream conclusion. Must be a republicant.

12 thoughts on “If Obama tries to unilaterally ram through his plans with executive orders will they be struck down?

Proud Texan

(May 2, 2010 - 12:50 am)

President Obama understands the constitution and would never do anything to violate it.

Thomas

(May 2, 2010 - 1:30 am)

JetsUnderPats 14-31

(May 2, 2010 - 2:20 am)

An executive order doesn’t require congressional approval jackass.

Thomas

(May 2, 2010 - 2:33 am)

It depends what his executive orders are, but EOs cannot overrule legislation.

The President doesn’t have that power; that’s relegated to the Legislative branch, to make laws.

Obama is a domestic enemy of the Constitution and I have little doubt he’d shred it if he could.

He’s a Fascist dictator wanna-be, in my opinion

He’s even trying to tell the people of AZ that they don’t have the right to enforce Federal laws on immigration.

The arrogance of this man is just astonishing
    Impeach, Repeal and Replace

Brian

(May 2, 2010 - 2:41 am)

Only if they violate current law that was passed by Congress or if they infringe on state issues..

Mike W

(May 2, 2010 - 3:07 am)

Executive orders have to comply with existing law. They are not a substitute for legislation.

Instant Karma

(May 2, 2010 - 3:40 am)

I don’t know? did the supreme court have a problem with GW Bush’s almost 300 EO’s 54 in his first year in office,compared to 10 for Obama

I am an Independent,but the longer I am on here the more I realize that conservatives lack the ability to research on their own..

Why do you act like EO’s are something Obama invented?

there is this neat thing on your computer called search engines….
    I don’t let the talking heads think for me

Bug

(May 2, 2010 - 3:55 am)

Executive Orders are not subject to Congressional approval.

It would help if you knew what you were talking about.

(May 2, 2010 - 4:43 am)

Maybe they’ll be struck down in six more years when he leaves office.

All Religion is Pagan

(May 2, 2010 - 4:50 am)

Hey, If Bush was allowed to "Ram through" his "preemptive War" 100% Unconstitutional, Fast Track Law, Bush even signed a law that stated , "Congress can not make the president obey any law he chooses not to " He said that Laws did not apply to him, And then he sealed his records forever, So I dont think Obama is going to "Ram Through any thing that would rain even an eyebrow on the hill, Just On Fox where they work so hard to keep from running out or reasons for you to hate Obama,….. As if you needed a Reason, he was born with your reason!!

Hector Frodo

(May 2, 2010 - 5:20 am)

future

(May 2, 2010 - 5:25 am)

Did they strike it down when Bush did it?
    No – but we got stuck with 5 trillion dollars more Debt because of tax cuts he passed this way didn’t we?
    And I love you guys all using the same language all the time. I figure there’s 3 possibilities.
    1) You are all using the same Fox TV talking point language.
    2) You are all asking the questions given on your little RNC instructions emails.
    3) You are all the same person.
    Take your pick.