I can not sell the property, and the land valuue is dropping, I think the developer should have disclosed that information, now I think he should pay me back for my property so I can move away. Can anybody give me some legal advice, please help, I wanna work it out.
I am not the only person with this problem. I am scared that the developers will declare bankruptcy, if that happens, am I just stuck with my hands tied?

You should seek a class action lawsuit against the developer for non-disclosure with your neighbors. In the meantime, DONT DIG!

9 thoughts on “I live on an old bomb range, which was not told to me when I bought the property, any legal advice?

gomanyes562

(February 22, 2010 - 12:12 am)

Where do you live?

In the US, or any common law country, the developer should have informed you of this fact if he had known. If he failed to do so, you might be eligible to collect damages in the amount of the depreciation. But this is complicated, and it all depends on the circumstances. You should see an attorney.

cattbarf

(February 22, 2010 - 12:48 am)

That’s what title insurance is for. I trust you have a policy.

#1con

(February 22, 2010 - 1:00 am)

Watch your step!

march

(February 22, 2010 - 1:25 am)

alpha1

(February 22, 2010 - 1:39 am)

There are disclosure laws, Get a lawyer to look at your paper work.

kaiser67210

(February 22, 2010 - 1:58 am)

Buy a metal detector and be VERY, VERY, VERY careful

Mike

(February 22, 2010 - 2:34 am)

Contact a lawyer and your TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY. The seller may be liable to you for loss of value for FAILURE TO DISCLOSE A KNOWN DEFECT.

john k

(February 22, 2010 - 3:23 am)

you should talk to a lawyer, one that handles property preferred.
    Don’t know about the liabilty, Title usually but then again as long as the title was always legally transfered along the way they did their job.
    Then inspectors hired, if you had a home inspector, unless the ternm of the inspection were written as limited to the structure , they could be.
    But go to a lawyer before you go DIGGING TO DEEP.

Barry C

(February 22, 2010 - 3:50 am)

that blows!