Yes really.
It just not at Fox. The law applys to all media networks.

Really! I have seen first-hand how events that I’ve actually been at have been presented by the mass ‘news’ media. The reported ‘news’ is so fantastically inaccurate that I chose to part with my TV & stop buying ‘news’-papers completely. I genuinely believe that not knowing anything is better informed than getting information from the mass-media.

23 thoughts on “Did you know that it is perfectly legal for news networks to falsify or distort the news?

Chosen1

(January 21, 2010 - 12:49 am)

So is it perfectly legal for your network to un-falsify and un-distort it. If you know you are right then where exactly is the argument? Let them decide and the difference will be between the intelligent and the decidedly ignorant.

Why are you guys so afraid of conflict? In this era of social networking, do you value yourself so little to think that your voice does not make a difference? That is what the opposition is counting on.

Carol A

(January 21, 2010 - 1:26 am)

Of course. This is the business plan of Fox Noise.

Mark D

(January 21, 2010 - 1:35 am)

Did the Supreme Court tell you that? Have you ever read the Court’s ruling in New York Times v. Sullivan, 1964?

firstnamehunghugely

(January 21, 2010 - 2:06 am)

Too bad!!!

I would like to see how long Olberman would last in the pen.

Poohcat1

(January 21, 2010 - 2:47 am)

Yes, providing they do a retraction when it is found out….and that can be done in any one of several ways…most of which people never see.

robots in disguise

(January 21, 2010 - 3:34 am)

really?

1 free American

(January 21, 2010 - 4:06 am)

so this is how CNN and MSNBC stay in business?

smsmith500

(January 21, 2010 - 4:19 am)

And you think you are telling me something I don’t know?

Political Hack Sidewalk Cafe

(January 21, 2010 - 5:09 am)

It’s called freedom of the press to anyone who owns a press,
    (HL Mechin)

Sunshine

(January 21, 2010 - 5:20 am)

I figured it must be, because I’m sure Fox has lawyers that would have warned them about their distortions if it were illegal.

Edouble

(January 21, 2010 - 5:51 am)

Hey, that’s the company creed at Fox Snooze.

Mark Francios

(January 21, 2010 - 6:30 am)

Our government spent millions in fake news programs. Americans are stupid enough to keep watching tv, then they deserve the government that they get.

Brian L

(January 21, 2010 - 7:20 am)

It’s called perception!

Coffee T

(January 21, 2010 - 8:06 am)

yes, and it’s done everyday.and walla, you are destroyed forever in the eyes of the people. and when the reporters get caught doing it, all they have to do is retract and apologize. i remember the security guy that was blamed for the bombing in the olympic, and found out that he didn’t do it, he killed himself because his life was ruin by reckless media.

warren v

(January 21, 2010 - 8:35 am)

When I was growing up, the news reported the facts and let Intelligent people use those facts to make an informed decision, in this day and age there is a tremendous number of Liberal news commentators that express their opinion as fact. Unlike Fox that has a number of editorials that are Conservative . There is a big difference in reporting the facts and hosting a talk show. Sadly most modern day journalist were educated by people that felt it is more important to promote your agenda than to report the truth.

Tijise M

(January 21, 2010 - 9:03 am)

of course. no news network is accurate because they all have agendas.

Mike

(January 21, 2010 - 9:29 am)

Yes I did. The 95 % of the liberal New networks airwaves do it all the time.

Apollo

(January 21, 2010 - 10:08 am)

Ha,ha, they do it all the time for the ‘New World Order’ didn’t you know?.
    Sinforum.freeforums.org

Skep

(January 21, 2010 - 10:37 am)

Your useage of the word "legal" is redundant.

Bud B

(January 21, 2010 - 11:09 am)

That is correct, there is no law that stops the media from manufacturing the news.
    How The Fake News Works

How The News Works

How Television Works

Shinji

(January 21, 2010 - 11:16 am)

Yes it is called censorship, but do not worry they passed enough legislation against our constitutional freedoms that allows them to do it. This is how they control public opinion and belief. All they want you to hear is the hypnotic droning of "…terrorist….global warming…terrorist…terrorist…global warming…terrorist…"

This is also the reason it is called "Your regularly scheduled programming"

So what’s on TV tonight?

Inca Yebail - The 6th profit.

(January 21, 2010 - 11:55 am)

Officer.

(January 21, 2010 - 12:01 pm)

YES and thats the way it should be MMMHMMMM its all in the name of FAAGHTIN TERRORISM yessir, I’m a good ol American, and I believe in my BAAAAAABLE.